Grove Lea Primary School's aims, policies and practices are designed to create a learning community where everyone can experience success. Our school is a place where everyone develops and achieves the best they can; academically and personally.
This is represented by our School Motto is …’If it is to be, it is up to me’
Our school ethos outlines the characteristic beliefs and spirit of the school community and promotes British Values.
We believe that all members of our school community have the right to work and learn in an environment where;
· everyone is proud to be a member of Grove Lea
· everyone is motivated, enthusiastic experiences success
· everyone is safe and secure
· rules and responsibilities are clear
· there is mutual respect, trust and support
· everyone behaves appropriately
· individual talents are recognised and celebrated
Education is a responsibility shared between parents, children and school staff. We encourage parents/carers to work in partnership with the school and community.
Our school has a pivotal role in the community. We work closely with Hemsworth Academy pyramid of schools, the local churches and businesses.
AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
All staff and governors of Grove Lea Primary School aim to:
• Value every child as an individual.
• Provide outstanding teaching and learning experiences, which motivate pupils to achieve high standards and develop lively enquiring minds.
• Give all pupils access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is inspiring and exciting and has opportunities for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
• Ensure all pupils make good progress and experience success whatever their age, ability, gender, background, ethnicity or special educational needs.
• Maintain a stimulating, secure and safe environment.
• Involve parents and carers in the work of the school and keep them fully informed of their children’s progress, valuing their contributions and support.
• Develop links with the wider community and promote a positive image of the school as part of the community.
• Manage the school resources efficiently and effectively to maintain high standards and meet the needs of the school’s continuous improvement.
• Build quality relationships which promote an understanding of other people’s values and beliefs.
• Establish learning as a life-long experience accessible to everyone involved with the school.