The School Fund account at Grove Lea Primary school will be held and administered independently of any other accounts in school.
The general aims of the school fund are:
• to purchase any items which benefit the children or which enhance the inside or outside environment.
• to purchase extra resources to enhance or enrich the curriculum e.g baking ingredients.
• to provide the children with gifts such as Christmas presents, Easter eggs, Y6 leaving presents and Christingles.
• to purchase gifts on behalf of the children e.g flowers for accompanists.
• to subsidise transport for school visits.
• to purchase team uniform e.g leotards, football kit, choir uniform.
• to make charitable donations following fund-raising events.
The account will be under the direct control of the Headteacher and any cheques paid will require two signatures. Any single purchase exceeding £2,000 shall be approved by the Resources Committee.
An accountant (with no links to the school) will be appointed to audit the account annually.