On behalf of the Governors, the staff, the pupils and myself it gives me great pleasure, as Headteacher, to welcome you to the Grove Lea Primary School website.
The school website is a very important tool in celebrating the amazing activities that take place at Grove Lea Primary. It is also a vital tool in communicating with parents, carers and visitors as well as providing information about the various policies, practice and procedures in our school.
We are all extremely proud of our school and committed to providing the very best possible education for all of our children. We know that Grove Lea Primary is a school where:
• Children feel safe within a happy stimulating and attractive environment.
• Each child is encouraged to enjoy learning and develop a lively and enquiring mind.
• Children develop skills as independent learners.
• Children have a thirst for acquiring knowledge.
This is echoed in our School Rights and Core Values:
To be Respectful
To keep ourselves and others Safe
To come to school and Learn
Core Values- Also known as the 4C’s
We are Courageous
We are Curious
We are Caring
We are Collaborative
We are extremely fortunate to have a relatively new, well-equipped building and fantastic outside space. We take great pride in the fact that we have a happy and inclusive school in which the children’s voice is clearly heard in an atmosphere that encourages respect for all and respect for the environment. When any visitor walks round school they comment on happy children engaged in their learning.
At Grove Lea Primary we look forward to building strong relationships with parents. Parents are welcomed as partners in their child’s education. We believe that our children learn best when members of staff and parents work in partnership so we value your involvement with your child's education.
I feel privileged to lead a team of professional, talented and committed staff who provide well planned and engaging lessons and activities. A wide range of curriculum enrichment activities are also provided to enhance children's learning, for e.g. After School Clubs. We have a supportive and hard working group of governors who are highly skilled in different areas. Governors and staff work together to provide our children with the very best learning opportunities. We encourage our pupils to be responsible for their learning, to grow in confidence and become independent. This is represented in our School Motto...
‘If it is to be, it is up to me’
Our School Ethos
Our school ethos outlines the characteristic beliefs and spirit of the school community and promotes British Values.
We believe that all members of our school community have the right to work and learn in an environment where;
· everyone is proud to be a member of Grove Lea
· everyone is motivated, enthusiastic experiences success
· everyone is safe and secure
· rules and responsibilities are clear
· there is mutual respect, trust and support
· everyone behaves appropriately
· individual talents are recognised and celebrated
Our school has a pivotal role in the community. We work closely with Hemsworth Academy pyramid of schools, the local churches and businesses.
Aims of the school
All staff and governors of Grove Lea Primary School aim to:
• Value every child as an individual.
• Provide outstanding teaching and learning experiences, which motivate pupils to achieve high standards and develop lively enquiring minds.
• Give all pupils access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is inspiring and exciting and has opportunities for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
• Ensure all pupils make good progress and experience success whatever their age, ability, gender, background, ethnicity or special educational needs.
• Maintain a stimulating, secure and safe environment.
• Involve parents and carers in the work of the school and keep them fully informed of their children’s progress, valuing their contributions and support.
• Develop links with the wider community and promote a positive image of the school as part of the community.
• Manage the school resources efficiently and effectively to maintain high standards and meet the needs of the school’s continuous improvement.
• Build quality relationships which promote an understanding of other people’s values and beliefs.
• Establish learning as a life-long experience accessible to everyone involved with the school.